Thursday 1 December 2011

Commence unpicking

Here's where I start to tear apart a serviceable coat. It all fits together so neatly at this point and I'm a bit worried about how I'll put it all back together. It looks like the kind of thing that has to be done in the right order. I wonder what that order is!

The bottom seem looks the best place to start. It's the only place where I can see the seam and must have been the last part sewn.



















Later in the evening:
The kids are in bed, so I'm back to my project. I thought this was worth noting so that I can refer back when I'm putting the prototype together:

Where the outer sleeve cuff joins the lining you can see the seem on the wrong side of both pieces. This must have been the first point of attachment for the sleeves, when both outer and lining pieces were separate from the whole. The next stage, I think is to set the outer sleeve and then to set the lining sleeve. At that point the lining must already be attached at the neck. Does that sound like the right order?

I will need to think about how to achieve the turned cuff on my design...
If you're interested, here's what it looked like prior to dismembering:

No comments:

Post a Comment