Saturday 3 December 2011

COAT: Today's errors

Firstly I sewed the whole pocket lining up and, so now I had to unpick the sides so that it could be opened out; I can't run the lower lip of the pocket under the sewing machine while the lining is behind it. I think it's ok to have the majority of the lining sewn as it holds it all together in the right way.


Secondly I've attached the upper lip of the pocket the wrong way up, so when you look inside you see lining where you should see coat fabric at the top... it's not a huge problem and looks nice enough.





Thirdly, see where I'm pointing? That seam should be higher up so that it's hidden inside the coat panel above.

The next job was to sew the panels around the pocket and then sew the under arm panel (above pocket) to the front panel.

If you're wondering what all that crazy zigzag stitching is about it's me reparing my panel - I accidentally started to cut out another shape from a panel piece! Silly! I could have recut the whole thing, but I decided just to patch it up for now. It's only the prototype and as long as I can recover the shape for my next attempt that's fine. It needn't look perfect. Shame it looks totally crap though.

No comments:

Post a Comment